The tuck jump is a lower body exercise. Mainly targeting the glutes, hamstrings, and quadriceps.
This exercise is great for improving your explosive power whilst also improving your cardiovascular fitness.
How to Do a Tuck Jump Exercise
- Stand upright with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms by your side.
- Bend your knees slightly, then explosively jump vertically upwards.
- Bring your feet towards your bum, whilst driving your knees towards your chest.
- Attempt to touch your feet with your fingertips.
- At the highest point of the jump quickly extend your legs.
- As you land, absorb the impact by bending your knees.
- Immediately jump again, repeating the exercise in quick succession.