Tricep extensions are almost identical to the skull crusher exercise apart from instead of lying down you perform this exercise either sitting or standing up straight.
The move is really simple and can be done either at the gym or at home. If you don’t have a dumbbell this exercise can be performed with a weight plate or even a heavy enough object.
Similar Exercises to Try
How to Do Triceps Extensions?
- Sit on a chair or bench with your legs at a 90 degree angle and your back straight.
- Choose a dumbbell weight that you can comfortably lift
- Hold the dumbbell above your head with your arms fully extended, make sure you keep your wrists straight
- Bring the dumbbell down to behind your head, stop when you get to a 90 degree angle, keep your elbows in tight (near your head) and remember to keep your wrists straight too.
- Now push the dumbbell up above your head again to the starting position