How to Do a Dead Bug
- Start in the upper sit-up position, with your knees bent.
- Lean backwards so your upper torso and head are flat on the floor.
- Bring your thighs towards your chest until they reach a 90-degree angle. This should bring your pelvis up slightly, forcing you to push your lower back into the floor.
- Also, bend your knees 90-degrees.
Lift both arms up vertically, keeping them straight and point your fingers towards the ceiling.
- Slowly extend one leg whilst engaging your glutes and core, try not to arch your lower back at any point.
- Simultaneously lower the opposite arm towards your head. Keep your arm straight as it brushes past your ear.
- Your hand and foot should hover a couple of centimetres above the floor.
When you’ve fully extended, bring your leg and arm back up to the starting position.
- Repeat on the opposite side, alternate until you’ve reached the desired number of repetitions or time duration.