Barbell curls are a favorite isolation exercise for the biceps. You can use various equipment to train your biceps including resistance bands and dumbbells. This exercise is great if you want to achieve proportionately bigger biceps or have developed muscle imbalances.
- Biceps Brachii
How to do a Barbell Curl Exercise
- With your feet shoulder-width apart, squat down.
- Grip the barbell with an underhand grip.
- Extend your legs bringing the barbell up with you. Arms slightly bent, elbows tucked in by your side. Rest the bar against your pelvis.
- Keep your posture straight and upright
- Slowly bring the barbell up toward your chest, keeping your elbows locked in place.
- Squeeze your biceps when the bar approaches your chest.
- Slowly lower the barbell back down. Don’t try to use momentum to aid you in any way, keep the movements smooth and controlled.